Tuesday, February 13, 2007

More surprises


Laurie said that we needed some pictures to make the blog more interesting so here is a picture of me in my warrior pose. Well in another turn of events, we once again need your prayers (as if we didn't already anyway). Tonight I (Joel) quit my job. I have never quit a job after less than three weeks before, but I couldn't continue to do the job. Sales is always a tough job, but in order to do the job the way they wanted me to, I would have to lie to people, which is not something I am willing to do. I have tried to get around this and do the job without lying, and I have actually been able to do well, better than any of the new people on my team in fact. However, I know that I cannot do what they want me to do without knowingly deceiving people, and that is just not something I am willing to do. My integrity is not worth any paycheck. My supervisor was quite surprised, but I think it will end up being a good testimony to him. So like you can imagine we are back in the trusting God to take care of our needs (I mean we always are, but you know...). We are uncertain about what will happen financially, but we trust that God will reward us for our obedience to Him. After all you can't serve God and money. So all that to say please pray that I will find another job soon. Thanks everybody. We love and miss you all.

No comments: