Thursday, June 4, 2009

MRI

I'm sorry it's been so long since I've posted! Caleb had an MRI of his brain last Thursday, and he did wonderfully. We didn't get to be there in Recovery with him when he woke up, so I think we missed the worst of it. When I went back there, he was sucking furiously on a bottle, which gives some indication of how hungry he was! We usually have a lot of trouble getting him to take a bottle. Anyway, I thought he might be sleepy the rest of the day because of the anesthesia. Instead, he cried through almost every nap for the next two days! It had been quite a disruption to his normal schedule, so I guess that's understandable.

I meant to bring the camera with us to the hospital, but I forgot. It's too bad - he looked pretty funny in the huge purple gown he had to wear! And we discovered that he has my sensitive skin. After the MRI, he had big, bright red squares around his eyes for quite a while from where they'd been taped shut. My skin reacts the same way to tape. Poor fella!

We spoke to the nurse at the neurologist's office earlier this week, and she said the MRI looked fine. Praise the Lord! I have to admit to a lingering bit of concern, but we've done all we can do right now. Hopefully, he is just a little bit behind and will catch up eventually.

I need to find time to post some pictures, but that will have to wait until another time. Caleb is hungry now, and hopefully by the time he's finished eating, Joel will be home from work at Dick's Sporting Goods and we can eat dinner before getting ready for our night jobs. :) Whew!

1 comment:

April Emery said...

SO glad that the MRI is okay. i love keeping up with you guys via your blog. i can't wait to see pictures of caleb. he is such a cutie pie!