Thursday, July 9, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

Some Daddy/Caleb time before church on Father's Day



I had a funny new parent moment on Father's Day. We visited a church that morning, and it got out earlier than we expected. We were meeting my parents for lunch, so we decided we would just drive to the restaurant and I would feed Caleb in the car rather than wasting the gas to drive home first. I was holding him in my lap finishing up his feeding when he decided to fill his diaper. Somehow, he was able to poop all over my lap and barely even get any on himself! I had an extra outfit for Caleb, but of course hadn't thought to bring anything to replace my light gray dress pants. So I cleaned up with baby wipes the best I could and tried to hold my purse in such a way as to hide the spots. Of course, while we were waiting for a table, I saw a guy I went to high school with whom I hadn't seen in years! Then we saw half a dozen other people we knew! I just had to laugh.

No comments: