Sunday, September 13, 2009

Six Month Stats

I can hardly believe that Caleb is six months old! He went to the doctor a few days ago, and so I wanted to post his latest "stats." He is now 15.44 pounds, which puts him in the 13th percentile for weight. He is 26.5 inches long, which means he is in the 52nd percentile for height. Lastly, his head circumference is 16.5 inches, which is in the 8th percentile. Like both his parents, he evidently has a small head! At six months, this is what Caleb is like:

He is starting to become more aware of the world around him and will reach for objects (like Ranger). He likes it when Ranger licks him, which we think is precious. If we have him in the living room while the TV is on, he is very persistent about wanting to turn his head and watch it!

Everything goes in his mouth, of course. Joel and I have both had the pleasure of having our noses gummed by Caleb. He just opens his mouth wide and leans forward and closes down on whatever happens to be in the path. He almost managed to get a mouthful of Ranger's fur recently. :)

He is obsessed with his feet. I've only seen him actually put his feet in his mouth once, but he loves holding onto them.

I recently bought a Johnny Jumper for him at a garage sale, and he LOVES it! He bounces all over the place. Even when he gets tired and starts crying, it's hard to get him out because he won't stop bouncing! Here is the only picture I could find of him in the jumper. We took a video a few weeks ago, and I need to figure out how to get that on here.


Caleb is a chatterbox! He likes to make noise, and it's not unusual for him to wake up from a nap and just lay in there cooing and talking for a while.

He's ticklish! He smiles when I give him raspberries or pretend to eat his neck, but he laughs hysterically when Joel does it. I think it's Joel's facial hair...at least that's what I'm telling myself so I don't feel bad! Caleb seems to be a Daddy's boy.


That's probably more than anyone wants to know! We are just loving our sweet little boy!

No comments: